Home Page City Webmail Admin Login

Fuel Assistance

For those already receiving fuel assistance, a renewal application will arrive in early September.  All that is necessary with the application is to correct any wrong information, sign it, and return it to Self Help, Inc., 1362 Main Street, in Brockton.  Please take care of this as soon as you receive it so that Self Help will know how much funding they have left for new applications.

Applications for fuel assistance are available at the Council on Aging mid-to-late October (by appointment ONLY) for those who do not now receive fuel assistance.  The following items are required to file an application if you are age 60 or older:

  • Proof of ID and residence
  • Income documentation
  • Last year’s tax return
  • Bank statements
  • Social Security award letter
  • Record of mortgage payment
  • Property tax statement
  • Rent receipt (if renting)
  • Last two electric bills
  • If using oil – last oil heat bill
  • If using gas – last two gas bills
  • Pension information


SNAP/Food Stamps

SNAP is the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program that helps low income individuals and families buy healthy, nutritious food.  A SNAP household’s monthly benefit depends on household size, income and expenses.  You may be eligible for SNAP.  If you are age 60 or older, and a resident of Brockton, you can schedule an appointment at the Council on Aging by calling (508) 580-7811 or by calling the SNAP hotline at 1-866-950-FOOD (1-866-950-3663).

Official Website for the City of Brockton. ©2019 City of Brockton All Rights Reserved.